WEEKEND RECAP

4.29.2013

This weekend was all about Wendy (birthday weekend) which I love because Wendy is all about being low key and relaxed which works well in my favor #selfish.  Friday we had some Mexi and margs while the Kahn men anxiously checked phones, twitter, internet, TV, etc for draft updates.  The draft always falls on Wendy's birthday and she LOVES it (sarcasm font).  I for one don't really get it, like...just google it later and see where everyone went...no?  One year, Jenn convinced me it would be fun to join her fantasy football draft.  I was assigned the #1 pick, could not figure out for the life of me how to make a selection on the website, caused some major delays and got a lot of texts and chats online about what the F I was doing and when I was going to make a selection.  Needless to say, during the draft I consumed an entire bottle of wine, got sweaty, and had a liiiiittle baby anxiety attack.  I then called Chase, gave him my password, and begged him to take over my team. I will absolutely pass if ever asked again.

Saturday, Chase and I woke up and went for a jog around the hood before the entire fam went to catch the movie Mud.


I didn't DISLIKE it...but I will never see it again.  The main little kid in the movie (Ellis) was so presh I could just hug him all day ok (assuming any character in that movie ever had the opportunity to shower).  Reese Witherspoon did nothing for this movie except get drunk at the premiere and later arrested.  For those of you that know me well and don't trust my taste in movies (whatever Pitch Perfect is amazing and you KNOW IT) then go see it, the rest of the Kahn clan was super into it.

After the movie, we headed over to Company Cafe for lunch.  I had only been for dinner so was super anx about what to order on the lunch menu.  I settled on fish tacos (deh) and was NOT sad about it.  They were super legit and I will be returning for them.  Parnell will not eat here with me because "they don't have normal food".  Cauliflower mash is not his thing.  Well...I saw regular, non sweet potato fries with my own eyes on Saturday...so...I can't wait to force him to return.

Saturday night consisted of a za, wine, and Society Bakery cupcakes (oops) trio.  I had bites of all the flavors but hoarded the Vanilla Salted Caramel...that one was special.  It literally had a pocket of caramel and salt in the middle...I'm getting all fat and drooly just typing about it.


I hope everyone has a lovely Monday (oxymoron)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs