LAKE ACTION

5.03.2013

We are heading to Parnell's lake house this weekend for some fun in the sun/Derby watching.  Parnell will be out there earlier, which means I will take my own car after work.  When I drive, I usually lose my voice due to singing.  The last time I did this, I drove to Tamara's lake house for Crunkfest (just you wait) and attempted Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper".  Will was in the car and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize yet again (she wasn't in my vocal range ok).

In preperation for this weekend, I stopped by Target to get the ever trusty Target Sangria cube.


I went straight to the aisle of cubes, did a quick scan for my sangria and didn't see it.  After saying under my breath "surely this is a mistake and it is here somewhere" I did a slow scan, read every single word on the box fronts, and NO SANGRIA.  I would have settled for white or red at this point ok I just needed my Gria.  After looking at the aisle ends (maybe its featured??) and up and down the entire wine section (maybe they got fancy and bottled it??) I settled on asking the first red shirted employee I could find.  "Um yes, I am looking for the Cube Sangria...its usually right here with all of its wine friends and I don't see it." She looked at me like I was speaking another language, and then went to ask her manager.  Manager didn't know what I was speaking of either.  It was like that moment in Inception where they have to see if their thingy keeps spinning or not.  Like IS THIS MOMENT REAL?  Boo related it to me being on Shutter Island, SO true...SO true. I literally just stood there for a while watching other customers cheerfully grab what they had come in search of.  They were all completely oblivious to my inner pain and anguish.  After I sulked for what felt like an eternity, I picked up the pieces of my shattered Sangria dreams and placed 4 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of champagne in my cart and moved on.

I am assuming there will also be some Kentucky Derby betting in addition to pool time (assuming it is not randomly cold much longer).  Last year, I chose my horse based on names only and went with I'll Have Another (deh) WINNING. This year I have set my sights on Charming Kitten.  I don't feel I need to waste my finger energy explaining this one.


Have a safe and fabulous weekend kids!

*NOTE: Diaz reminded me of why I love her and went to a different Target and AND FOUND THE SANGRIA CUBE! I shall repay her by playing with her hair and making a triple stack grilled cheese (while we drink Gria).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs