MERCER'S BAPTISM

1.19.2016

I rarely get sentimental and sappy on this little blog of mine but man oh man was this past Sunday a special day. 

Surrounded by family and her Godparents, Mercer Kelly Parnell was baptized January 17, 2016. Much like our wedding and her birth, it is a day I will never forget.

Parnell and I have watched many baptisms at our church on Sundays and it was surreal to be standing up there with Mercer in my arms for her baptism.  I have prayed countless times for that moment and the fact that it was there and we were living it was overwhelmingly wonderful.


Following the service, which Mercer was on her best behavior...possibly ever for, we had a gathering at our house.   Mercer slept through a solid hour of it but she had a big morning ok...

Please excuse the insane amount of pictures. 


I also snapped a few pictures of the decor.  I kept it simple, surprise surprise.  Mercer's Godmother, Elizabeth, brought the most beautiful cookies for the party!


The entire day was pure perfection and we could not be more grateful. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs