GUEST ROOM / PLAYROOM PROGRESS PART 2

8.25.2016

Thanks in part to a few Facebook garage sale finds (so addicting, sigh), the guest room / playroom is now complete(ish).  

It all started when I snagged these chairs for a steal.


Although the green is precious, those that know me, know I am terrified of color. A few coats of white paint later, we had the perfect, kid friendly, additional seating for the room. 


Now, back in the first post about this room, I mentioned that we wanted a floor lamp.  I was set on this.  However, one of my favorite lamp purchases is the one I found for Mercer's nursery.  We found it at Homegoods and have never come across another one.  I always said if I ever saw one, I would snag it so we would have a pair.  Well, I saw one, on the Facebook garage sale of all places and 1 "want" later, it was ours. We decided to place it in this room for now.  Down the road, it will most likely join its mate and some nightstands in Mercer's room.  

Now, due to the fact that I was derailed from my floor lamp plan, the new lamp needed a resting place.  I have begged P for a skirted table for some time (not his thing) and he finally let me go for it.  The stars aligned and the very skirt I have loved for quite a while was on, you guessed it, the Facebook garage sale (I'm telling you...).  I went for it and then ordered the accompanying table from Ballard Designs

In addition to these items, Mercer received an early birthday gift from her grandparents in the form of poufs.  To say she loves them is an understatement.  She constantly climbs all over them instead of focusing on her toys. I searched high and low for a kids table to go along with said poufs.  After not finding "the one", I decided to turn my search to an end table instead.  Enter the IKEA lack side table in white.  BOOM.  It was just the look I was wanting and for $7.99 it could not be beat.  Mercer can mess it up as much as her heart desires and I can buy more without feeling sick about the price tag...win/win. Parnell's truck may have been broken into in the IKEA parking lot but that is another story entirely. 

Anyway, here are the new additions all hanging out together: 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs